It’s a non-contest, and just for fun.
Not many rules, but a few guidelines:
- This is for film cameras only.
- Black and White or Color is fine, and there are no restrictions on the type of film you shoot.
- Polaroid is OK.
- 4×5 or sheet film cameras are OK.
- Tintype / alternate process is OK.
- Images must be on a contact sheet as well as individually presented (Use Photoshop’s excellent “Contact Sheet” tool if you have had your film scanned.)
- Only one roll of 35mm film (or the first 24 frames of a roll of 36)
- Two rolls + for 6×7 120/220.
- No more than three exposures taken on any single day, no more than two of any single subject.
- Images must be presented in order of exposure.
Uploading instructions will be posted on May 31. Upload from June 1 to June 15.
If you are planning on being involved, let us all know in the comments.
Submissions will include:
- Contact sheet
- Camera format / brand
- Lenses used
- Film type and name
- Lab used (with link please)
- 24 individual frames ready for web at 1000 pixels on the long side.
Here is a link to last year’s submissions. I am hoping for triple the involvement this year.
Considering an option for a contest… thinking more about it and will announce before May if you can choose to be in the optional contest.
Need a film camera? Here is a list of my favorite film cameras. Let me know if you think I missed any amazing cameras. (Yeah, I gotta ad the Olympus OM-1 soon…)
I recommend this lab (FIND Labs), but you are welcome to use any lab you wish.
(photo courtesy death to the stock photo)